Thursday, August 26, 2010

Confirmation!!

Well, it's been about 2 1/2 months since David and I got certified to adopt. I have been preparing myself to wait a year until I start to get "impatient" with the situation if I didn't hear from any birth mothers or didn't see this going anywhere. Well already, after 2 1/2 months, I started second guessing what we were doing and why we hadn't heard from anyone. Yes it's only been 2 1/2 months, but really it's been 4 years that we have been without our 2nd baby that we so desperately wish to have. So everyday that we are baby-less at our home feels like an eternity! I consider myself a very strong person and I have been very upbeat and optimistic about our situation ever since we found out about our infertility problems, but I have my down points too and I can't keep that positive outlook on our situation ALL the time. Everytime I get down, I get picked back up almost immediately! I have amazing friends, family and an even better and perfect Father in Heaven who are helping me through this entire journey.
*
Last week I had a big wake up call. I was getting really down about our situation again and I was wondering if we were making the right decision by adopting. I didn't want to feel this way because I know without a shadow of a doubt that I got the confirmation from the Lord that adoption is what we are supposed to be doing. So David and I went to the temple the next day and it was an amazing experience. I felt peace, but I didn't get the direct answer I was hoping for. Well, I got that direct answer two days ago. We got an email from a birth mother here in Arizona and she is considering us as a family for her unborn baby boy. He is expected to come into this world in mid-September. I don't know if anything is going to come from this and if that sweet baby is meant to be a part of our family, but one thing I do know is that Heavenly Father is sending me a direct answer that adoption is what we are supposed to be doing. He is telling me to hang in there and be patient. I'm so thankful that He is aware of my concerns and desires and is wonderful enough to "talk" back and let us know His answers for us. Prayer truly is a two-way conversation.
*
We will continue on this journey as long as it takes. Kylee continues to pray everyday to become a big sister soon and I pray that her prayer will be answered! We continually feel the prayers of our loved ones for us and it gives us great peace throughout this journey. Life is good and our family is doing well. But our family is not yet complete! Can't wait to add more sweet children to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment