Saturday, October 9, 2010

Recent happenings...

Sorry it's been so long since I've last updated. David and I just went to an adoption academy today and we learned SO MUCH! This is definitely a learning experience for us everyday and we are learning as we go. We didn't realize how amazing the adoption "world" is and how many amazing people there are to help us throughout this journey. We feel so blessed to be a part of something so special and we can't wait to bring a sweet new baby into our home someday.
*
Aside from today, a lot of amazing and "crazy" things have been happening. On Labor Day, a bunch of friends and I decided to take our kids to a place called The Bounz House since there was no school that day. We rounded up the kids and went to have some fun. This is one of the big slides they have at this place. It is a ton of fun!

Well, Kylee asked me if I would go down the slide with her......so of course I jumped on the opportunity to have some fun! Socks are something that everyone should wear while playing on the bounz house "toys" but I wasn't wearing any. But I still went down the slide without thinking twice. Well.....at the bottom of the slide, my foot decided to get stuck in the crevice while my body kept going forward. My foot twisted and pulled in every direction and this was the end result....

Yep....I got booted up! I pulled 2 tendons and pinched a nerve by my achilles. But I'm good now, almost a month later. I'm off crutches, the boot is gone, and I'm back at my regular workouts everyday. I feel good but my foot still gets sore from time to time.
*
*
The biggest thing that has happened lately is my sister's wedding! She got married to an amazing man who is a convert to the church. Here is my Dad and David being silly boys and posing all "GQ" for the camera! Haha

The loves of my life! Kylee and David...

Me and my gorgeous sister Natalie. We are the closest out of all my siblings and she truly is my best friend. I'm so happy for her that she finally found her eternal companion and that they will be a forever family from here on out! I love her!

*
I'm a volleyball coach for the local high school in my area. I help with the varsity team and am the head coach for the JV team. I love coaching! Volleyball was such a huge part of my life growing up and I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to stay involved with it. My sister (pictured above) took these pictures of us. She is an amazing photographer!

And below here is my JV team...I love these girls!

Both teams are currently 13-1. We are having a very successful season so far!
*
*
And last but not least, our Kylee girl is excelling in everything she does. She is in the top percentage of her Kindergarten class and is starting to read books. We had her very first parent teacher conference yesterday and her teacher said wonderful things about her. She has great behavior and listens and cooperates very well. She has a 96% average for the year so far in all her subjects. We are so proud of her! She just started her second year of dance also. She loves dancing and we love to see her doing so well in everything she loves. Here is her first ever school picture! Not too cheesy thankfully! Haha

*
Everything is going great and we are loving life! Can't wait to hopefully add to our family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment