Tuesday, November 23, 2010

This will do....for now

I finally get to hold, love, rock, cuddle, and care for a sweet baby again! It's not an adoption, but it's second best. I have the opportunity to babysit a sweet 12 week old baby girl full time. I can't wait to get started. Ever since Kylee grew out of the baby stage 4 years ago, I've been yearning to have an infant to hold and cuddle with. I've LOVED every stage with Kylee as she has grown and gotten bigger and smarter, but there is something so dear to me when it comes to infants. I can't get enough of them!!! Well, an opportunity presented itself last week that a mother was looking to have someone care for her infant while she goes back to work....so I prayed about it and felt impressed that this is what I am supposed to do for the forseeable future. I don't know how much longer it is going to take for us to find our baby, or for our little miracle to happen, but all I know is that until that day comes I have the honor of having a sweet baby girl in our home 5 days a week! Kylee and I got to meet her yesterday and we both feel instantly in love! This will fill the void temporarily in our lives that we are missing and yearning for everyday.
*
As for our adoption journey......nothing promising has happened yet. We've had a few close calls and birth mothers who seemed to really like us, but nothing has come of those conversations. We have now been certified for 6 months and have been contacted by 4 birth mothers....2 of which were promising for a short while. We know that our journey has just begun and could potentially stretch out for years, but we are hopeful that something will happen sooner rather than later.
*
On a happier note.....my sister is pregnant! I'm SO happy for her! She got married 2 months ago to an amazing man and he has 3 children already. This will be their first baby together, hopefully followed by one more. My sister has wanted nothing more than to be a wife and mother and she is getting all of that and more! I couldn't be happier for her and her growing family. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment